I am a Senior Lecturer in Economics at SOAS University of London. I am also the Research and Knowledge Exchange Convenor of the SOAS Department of Economics, a Senior Fellow at the SOAS Centre for Sustainable Finance and a Fellow at the Forum for Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policies (FMM). My research interests include financial macroeconomics, climate finance, ecological macroeconomics, climate-aligned development and inequality. My work has been published in several peer-reviewed journals, such as the Cambridge Journal of Economics, Ecological Economics, Environment and Planning A, the Journal of Financial Stability, Nature Climate Change and New Political Economy. I have worked as Principal Investigator and Co-Investigator on projects funded, amongst others, by the ClimateWorks Foundation and the Economic and Social Research Council, and have run capacity building programmes on climate change for several central banks. I am a Committee member of the Post-Keynesian Economics Society (PKES) and a Council member of the European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy (EAEPE).
- Dafermos, Y., Gabor, D., Michell, J. (2023). Institutional supercycles: an evolutionary macro-finance approach, New Political Economy, DOI:10.1080/13563467.2022.2161497.
- Dafermos, Y., Nikolaidi, M. (2022). Assessing climate policies: an ecological stock-flow consistent perspective, European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention.
- Dafermos, Y., Gabor, D., Michell, J. (2022). Shadow banks, FX swaps and the global dollar footprint, Environment and Planning A, DOI: 10.1177/0308518X221128302.
- Dafermos, Y., Nikolaidi, M. (2022). Greening capital requirements, The INSPIRE Sustainable Central Banking Toolbox, Policy Briefing Paper 8, SOAS Centre for Sustainable Finance; LSE Gratham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Dafermos, Y., Gabor, D., Nikolaidi, M., van Lerven, F., Vargas, M. (2022). The ECB Paris gap: substantive but treatable, Greenpeace; SOAS University of London; University of Greenwich, University of the West of England.
- Dafermos, Y., Gabor, D., Nikolaidi, M. and van Lerven, F. (2022). Greening collateral frameworks, The INSPIRE Sustainable Central Banking Toolbox, Policy Briefing Paper 7, SOAS Centre for Sustainable Finance; LSE Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Dafermos, Y. (2022). Climate change, central banking and financial supervision: beyond the risk exposure approach, In: Kappes, S., Rochon L.-P. and Vallet, G. (eds.) The Future of Central Banking, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA, 175-194.
- Dafermos, Y., Gabor, D., Nikolaidi, M. and van Lerven, F. (2022). An environmental mandate, now what? Alternatives for greening the Bank of England’s corporate bond purchases, SOAS University of London; University of Greenwich; University of the West of England.
- Dafermos, Y., Monserand, A., Nikolaidi, M. (2022). Green public investment, consumption patterns and the ecological transition: a macroeconomic analysis, SSRN 4097746.